I am a fully qualified and registered nutritional therapist with BANT, British Association of Nutritional Therapists and CNHC, Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council. I am also a fully registered Shiatsu Practitioner with the Shiatsu society.
As a teenager I had digestive problems which I just could not resolve through medication. My father was permanently on multiples of pills for bi polar depression and my mother also suffered from depression. I knew there must be a better way and as a teenager I started trying other therapies starting with homeopathy. As a natural process I eventually found nutritional therapy. My digestion is stronger than ever now and I know why!
As well as using traditional Nutritional Therapy, my clinical approach is using Functional Medicine. t’s a different way of viewing health and disease. As practitioners we look at the underlying causes of health symptoms, using a combination of clinical assessment, clinical experience and frequently laboratory testing. This can get us to answers to your health condition more quickly. A lot of time is spent listening to the individual, paying special attention to interactions between diet, environment, exercise, lifestyle and the mental emotional aspects. These are all factors that can influence long-term health and chronic, disease.
- Dip CNM, College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Cert of Institute for Functional Medicine, AFMCP
- NTEC Cert in Cancer: Nutritional support before, during and after treatment and beyond
- Licensed practitioner for Action Against Alzheimer’s workshops
- Registered with BANT, British Association of Nutritional Therapists and CNHC, Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council