A simple, low-calorie, grain-free meal with roasted cauliflower, walnuts, olives and sweet pomegranate seeds that can be prepared in advance – ideal for supper and packed lunch the next day!
Cooking time: 15 minutes, serves 2
1 medium cauliflower
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 Lemon zest
1 lemon squeezed
½ cup parsley leaves chopped
½ cup Coriander
½ cup Pomegranate arils
½ cup Black olives
½ cup Walnuts
3-4 kelp granules
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Finely chop the cauliflower until it resembles grains. You can do this very quickly in a food processor, by pulsing the cauliflower until done; be careful not to go too far).
2. Optional for non-raw version: lightly cook the cauliflower grains, either in the oven on a baking sheet or in a saute pan with olive oil.
3. In a large bowl, briefly whisk the olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice together with a fork Add the cauliflower “grains” and all remaining ingredients and toss well.
This delicious chicken dish takes only 10 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook. It is a great dinner party option as it is easy to increase all the ingredients to serve any number of guests. Serve with the brown basmati rice and slices of orange to garnish.
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
4 boneless chicken breasts (skin removed)
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp tamari (soy sauce)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
Juice and rind of one large orange
225g button mushrooms washed and halved
2 bunches salad onions, trimmed and halved
1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and pan fry the chicken for a couple of minutes then transfer to oven proof dish.
3. Mix together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and orange rind and juice and pour over the chicken.
4. Season lightly with lo-salt and black pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Now add the mushrooms and spring onions, baste and replace in oven for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Serve with portion of brown basmati rice and slices of orange to garnish and green salad.