Are you feeling stressed and tired, struggling with poor sleep, low mood or depression? Are your hormones playing havoc? Do you have chronic neck, back, shoulder or hip pain or a condition like arthritis?
What is Shiatsu?
- Shiatsu is a whole body treatment and it engages with you at a physical, emotional and spiritual level.
- This ancient massage originated in Japan and is based on the acupuncture meridian system. The receiver wears comfortable loose clothing while receiving treatment on a futon on the floor. In the UK today, zen shiatsu is being used in NHS hospitals and mental health charities.
- Techniques include massage with fingers, thumbs, feet and palms, also Stretching; and joint manipulation where appropriate to enourage better blood flow and self healing.
- Shiatsu is an effective treatment for neck, shoulder and back pain. musculature and increase blood flow to joint areas.
- Shiatsu is restorative. It allows the therapist to engage with the receiver at a deep level and to stimulate the meridians deep within. In doing so it can calm and balance your energies leaving you more grounded with a greater sense of well being.
- comfortable, loose clothing such as leggings, tracksuit or yoga pants.
- on top, wear an easy long sleeved sweatshirt and bring a thin jumper as well if needed.
- wear socks
Shiatsu has a cleansing effect, so make sure you drink plenty of water before and after a session as this helps you to detox.
After treatment many people feel very relaxed and invigorated and some people may even feel tired after treatment. This is due to the relaxation of muscles, the release of toxins and calming of the sympathetic nervous system. A day after treatment many people feel more energized.
The treatments usually last for one hour. Shorter sessions can be arranged if focus on one particular area is desired. Please tell me of any previous injuries you may have.
Individual full body sessions lasts 1 hour and cost £55.
A pack of 3 full body 1 hour sessions costs £150.
Payment is by cash or cheque at the appointment. Debit and credit cards are also accepted.
Appointments are available Monday to Friday 10.00am to 6.00pm, Saturday 10.00am to 1.00pm.
24 hours notice must be given if you wish to cancel an appointment. Otherwise the full fee may be payable.
Shiatsu treatments are given at Hill Road, London, N10 1JE, in Muswell Hill. See full contact details.
Shiatsu helps with:
- Joint injuries
- Back, neck and should pain
- Digestive complaints
- Hormonal problems
- Circulatory problems